Become a patient in Center for Vision Restoration
|How your case will be reviewed – we ask that you first complete our questionnaire that is used to evaluate your case and make sure that there are no potential contraindications. If contraindications are absent, we will send you a request to provide copies of your medical documentation with the following information:|
- History of the disease, indicating its beginning, obtained examinations and treatment results
- Findings and reports on how your disease proceeded, what methods of therapeutic or surgical treatment were used
- The results of the latest ophthalmological examinations (within the last 4-6 months), including a detailed eye exam with details about intraocular pressure of both eyes
- The results of obtained visual fields examinations (if possible together with their dynamic).
- The results of CT or MRI, EEG, evoked potentials
The decision to recommend that you receive the treatment in Center for Vision Restoration by therapeutic electrical stimulations will be based of the results from such medical documentation. Upon examination of these materials we will provide you with the recommendation to receive treatment as soon as possible if your disease (medical condition) requires this.
Our Treatments in Center for Vision Restoration
The course of therapeutic electrical stimulations includes several stages:
1. Before treatment commences there will be a comprehensive discussion with the patient and the following types of examinations performed:
- ophthalmological: examination of eye fundus, ocular pressure control (if necessary), vision acuity check, detailed test of visual fields (static and kinetic perimetry)
- standard neurological examination (if necessary) for exclusion or confirmation of signs of the localized of diffuse brain lesions
- computed electroencephalography for exclusion of seizure patterns
- visual evoked potentials
2. According to examination results and assessment of a patient’s condition and diagnosis, the plan of treatment with possible results of stimulations that can be achieved, will be discussed.
3. Electrical stimulations are performed from Monday to Friday for 2 weeks. In some cases treatment can be performed on the weekends.
4. Duration of a treatment session is 60-90 minutes.
5. Every treatment session includes:
- Preparation for the session
- Registration of background EEG before treatment
- Performing of diagnostics for the selection of optimal parameters of the current electrical stimulations session
- Stimulation session with parallel EEG control
- EEG evaluation after treatment completion
- Brief discussion of current treatment course results
6. Number of electrical stimulations sessions may be changed. This decision is made with the patient’s agreement.
7. Sometimes additional examinations can be recommended which are not listed. These will be discussed with the patient based on necessity and the additional expense.
8. After completion of the stimulation course, the patient will again be thoroughly examined and the treatment results will be discussed.
9. A comprehensive Findings Report which includes a copy of the results of ophthalmological examination is provided to the patient
10. A Personalized Care Plan is developed to suit the patient’s specific needs. This includes the plan for further possible strategies what could or should be done at home and other recommendations on care, to avoid overworking and stressing the eyes.
11. Treatment results will be assessed after 8-10 weeks again
12. Any results outside obtained should be provided to our Center for Vision Restoration for their assessment.
13. Repeated course of therapeutic electrical stimulations can be performed, if patient could benefit from it.
Return back to home page Center for Vision Restoration